At the Law Office of Eric M. Bittner we believe that everyone should plan for the future through effective estate planning. Regardless of the size of your estate or how many assets you own, an estate plan provides cost-effective and practical benefits while giving you peace of mind. We will carefully explain all of your options and the effect that they will have on your estate. We will always listen to your concerns and help you understand exactly what you need to know and we are ready to assist you in a variety of estate planning areas, including:
- Wills: A will states your wishes in the event of your death. It states who is to receive what items of your property. It also appoints another adult of your choice to act as Personal Representative (executor), to carry out your wishes, and probate your estate, if necessary. It states your preference as to who should be guardian for your minor children, and how any money or property left to them is to be handled until they become adults. We will make sure that your will is legally sound to prevent any problems further down the road.
- Trusts: A trust can be used to protect your assets, prevent heirs from becoming targets for con artists, or support a worthwhile charity. We will explain all of the benefits that a trust can provide to you.
- Inheritance and estate tax planning: We will explain to you all of the tax liabilities that may be imposed upon your estate and how you may be able to protect your loved ones from excessive tax liability.
- Living Wills: A living will states an individual’s wishes regarding end of life treatment.
- Powers of attorney: The person holding a power of attorney is your voice when you are no longer able to participate in decision-making. We will explain how this can work for you.
- Medical Power of Attorney or Health Care Power of attorney: Appointing another adult to act for you and make medical decisions if, and only if, you are unable to communicate.
Along with our estate planning services, we also provide experienced representation in all matters of probate litigation, including Will and trust contests when there are questions concerning the validity of a will or a trust, such as undue influence or questionable will changes. If a loved one has passed on, we also provide skilled, knowledgeable and cost-effective estate administration.
Contact the Office of Eric M. Bittner to learn more about how we can help you.